Elite Tactical Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Elite Tactical Command

No Holds Barred Airsoft

You are not connected. Please login or register

Paint Job for my Dragunov

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Paint Job for my Dragunov Empty Paint Job for my Dragunov Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Apache

I can't decide how I should paint my Drago. I was thinking of painting the stock and handgrip-thingy a wood color. Any suggestions?

2Paint Job for my Dragunov Empty Re: Paint Job for my Dragunov Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:24 am

Doc

Doc
Admin

Though I'm not into Russian made rifles - real or replica - it is my opinion that they look just fine the way they are. I would think that, should your rifle have real wooden furniture, it would look better the way it came. If the furniture is plastic, I'd say paint it all black. That would look meaner than anything else.

Keep in mind that the Dragunov rifle isn't necessarily a sniper weapon. It falls under the same category as the M14 or SR-25. It's considered a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle.) A camouflage paint job isn't necessary or befitting these rifles. (Though there have been times when the carbine based models have been painted.) This rifle is more likely to be painted due to the overall attachments desired by many American soldiers who, in the heat of battle, are working alone.

In close, my opinion is to leave the wooden furniture wooden - re-stain if necessary - and paint plastic/ABS furniture flat black. But, that's just my opinion. (Leave the metal parts of the gun a semi gloss though. Only paint the furniture. Then beat it up a bit. Put some wear and tear on it. Make it look used a bit. You don't want your rifle looking like a cherry needing to be popped. A worn rifle looks more dependable and intimidating than a new one.)

https://theetc.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum